Passionately Fighting For You
Justin M. Plaskov
- Employment Law (Employees)
- Wills, Trusts, and Estates
- General Litigation
My practice focuses on meeting the needs of individuals who need assistance in negotiating contracts or want to level the playing field when faced with a difficult employment situation. I regularly consult with and represent employees from all industries and areas of employment-from entry-level workers to managers and highly-skilled professionals to executives and corporate officers.
Although reaching an amicable resolution is often in all parties' best interest, hiring an experienced litigator can force your employer to take your situation more seriously. Throughout my career, I have had significant success in obtaining large recoveries for my clients. Representative cases include:
Helping former employees of a large annuity company obtain a $20.5 million settlement in a pattern and practice case involving race and sex discrimination and retaliation. EEOC et al. v. Jackson National Life Insurance Company et al., Civil Action No. 16-cv-02472-PAB-SKC.
Obtaining a $485,000 settlement on behalf of a qui tam plaintiff who was terminated after complaining that his employer was fraudulently selling grenade launchers to the federal government.
Winning a jury verdict of nearly $15 million on behalf of seven low wage earners, who worked sorting mail for a private federal contractor. Camara, et. al. v. Matheson Trucking, Inc., et.al., 12-CV-03040 (D.Colo. 2015).
In addition to litigation, I consult with clients to help them negotiate severance agreements and non-competition agreements and have extensive experience in providing consulting services for executives who need assistance to understand and negotiate contractual obligations and compensation packages.
Outside of the employment law context, I represent individuals in drafting wills, trusts, and other estate planning documents. I file and defend lawsuits involving estate planning issues; property disputes, including quiet title actions; breach of contract; construction defect; and several other legal claims.
I also represent businesses who need assistance with litigation, business disputes, administrative proceedings, corporate documents, and employment law specific documents (including employee handbooks, employee contracts, and employment law policies).
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado
- J.D. - 2012
- Honors: Dean's List
- Prescott College, Prescott, Arizona
- B.A. - 2006
- Major: Cultural and Regional Studies and Secondary Education
- Colorado, 2012
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2012
- Wyoming, 2015
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 2020
- Geothermal’s Prior Appropriation Problem, 83 U. Colo. L. Rev. 257 (2011), 83, 2011
- Colorado PELA 2016 Case of the Year Award
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Lohf Shaiman Jacobs Hyman & Feiger PC, Senior Associate, 2012 to 2020
- Colorado Plaintiff Employment Lawyers Association, Present
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, Present
Certified Legal Specialties
Current Employment Position
- Partner at Jester Gibson & Moore, LLP