What Rights Do Colorado Workers Have?
Employees have numerous laws protecting them on both the state and federal levels. While these aren’t always entirely inclusive or comprehensive, for the most part, workers who are treated unfairly or wrongly terminated can rightfully fight back against negligent employers under the law.
Even most Americans are employed “at will,” meaning they can legally be let go without justification, workers can still take legal action under certain circumstances—and should to get the justice they deserve.
Among the most important protections for Colorado employees are:
- The right not to be fired or discriminated against due to taking FMLA leave.
- The right not to be retaliated against for opposing illegal practices (i.e., whistleblowing) by your employer.
- The right not to be subjected to harassment, such as sexual harassment.
- The right to be paid proper overtime.
- The right to be treated fairly regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, pregnancy, race, and/or religion.
Our Colorado Employment Law Attorneys Can Help
When it comes to your career, letting a company continue unethical practices should never be an option. At Colorado Employee Advocates, our Denver employment law attorneys can help you devise a comprehensive strategy that not only puts your best interests first but also serves as a deterrent for further wrongdoing to happen in the future.
We are here to share your side of the situation and hold negligent or wrongful parties accountable for their actions. Do not fight this legal battle alone—put our law group on your side. We know the tactics defense attorneys may use, truly understand how your life is affected by these issues and will work hard to protect your rights as a worker.